The Practice is following NHS best practice guidelines and is currently only operating a telephone triage service to help reduce the risk and spread of the coronavirus infection.
It has been advised that all practices should:
- Suspended all 'routine' GP appointments whilst surgeries concentrate on urgent care for the most unwell.
- Move from face-to-face appointments to telephone and virtual appointments. Our new e-Consult service will support this process.
- Practices will move to a system where ALL patients will need to speak to a medical professional to determine the need for an appointment.
Patients are being urged to bear with us and our team during this period of high demand and uncertainty and follow updates on the practice website, Facebook page and SMS message.
Patients can find regularly updated information via the NHS website
- If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms please go to 111 online DO NOT ATTEND YOUR GP SURGERY
- Please follow the new NHS advice to self-isolate at home for 7 days if you have: a fever AND / OR a new persistent cough
- if your symptoms are manageable at home and you would not ordinarily require medical attention please do not call 111 unless your condition deteriorates.
- At this point in time GPs CANNOT test for the coronavirus which causes COVID-19
Thank you for your continued support and understanding
Extended Hours Service
Local GP Practices are now working together to offer greater access to a range of appointments outside usual surgery hours. Click Here for more information.